Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pitch, Please!

Kindergartners discussed high and low pitches. Jenny over at The Teaching Studio came up with this great idea of having students pick out pictures and deciding if they represent high or low. For example, an ant would be low because they crawl on the ground and an airplane would be high because they fly. The students then went to the piano and played the corresponding high or low pitch.

My 4th and 5th graders did centers to reinforce the the treble clef and staff. One was a matching game.

I put electrical tape on the floor to make a staff and students used paper plates to spell out words and have relays.

Another center was with the glockenspiels. I gave the letter E and the students had to figure out how to play "Mary Had a Little Lamb" by ear and then write it on the staff.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Thank you so much for sharing. I love it. New ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing! I've pinned it!

    ReplyDelete