Thursday, March 14, 2013

MIOSM Part I

March is Music In Our Schools Month!! 
 For the first half of the month, I have been trying to have a music presence known through bulletin boards, posters and books. I've also been bringing in instruments from home so that students can have some hands-on experience with things like trumpets, violins and snare drums.

I tied in Read Across America day by reading some music themed books. We also sang a couple of songs to Dr. Seuss.

(To the tune of Old MacDonald)
With your rhymes so crazy
You are number one!
You make us laugh and wonder
You make reading fun.
We love the Cat in the Hat
Sam I Am and Fox in Socks
Dr. Seuss, we love you
We really really do!

If You're Happy And You Know It...
 - Hop on Pop!
 - 1 Fish 2, Red Fish Blue
 - Hear a Who
... and your reading surely shows it!


Decorations for Read Across America Day! 

I had to do the bulletin board in the lower hall this month, so I stole an idea from Music K8 and did "How to Conduct Yourself"

Singing faces done by some of my lower grades.

March is the Romantic Period. Our composers include Chopin, Tchaikovsky and Wagner.

Close up of out timeline that we are slowly building this semester.

I made a time signature anchor chart based off of the idea from the North Pointe Music Room
Very happy with how it turned out and how the students are responding to it. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so glad to see that my anchor chart was useful to you!

    ReplyDelete