Saturday, August 17, 2013

Planning Binder (Take 2)

I started using a lesson plan binder last year and it has been amazing! So this year I made a few upgrades. I want to give a shout out to Lindsay Jervis' TeachersPayTeachers site for having super cute chevron binder covers. I do not have any pictures of her exact covers, but after buying them I made some changes of my own to make things more personal.

So here is the cover:

Table of Contents:
*Yearly Plan - *Lesson Plans - *Schedules & Calendars - *SOLs & Pacing Guide - *Song Collection - *Music Programs - *All-County Chorus - *Assessments

Finally got some tabs that will poke out even with the use of sheet protectors. 
I was very proud of myself for printing on the tabs to make the labels look extra fancy.

Yearly Plan:
I changed my format a bit this year. I have my units organized by the week, instruments for PreK and the bulletin board by the month and made note of holidays each month. 
 Then I have the specifics as to what will fall under each unit and left space for notes.

Not Pictured:

  • The state standards of learning and the county pacing guide for elementary music
  • Song Collection = songs all students will kind of know in case of emergency (Themes include Welcome, Thank You, Good-bye and Patriotic)
  • Music Programs = being at two schools that do not always have the same music programs, it will be nice to have one place for all of the information
  • All-County Chorus 
  • Assessments = Once again, all music teachers have to assess student improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment