Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2nd Semester!

It is back to school time! The past two days have been teacher work days, which were very much needed! Since I am still relatively new to this whole teaching thing, I like to change things up in the middle of the school year. I am VERY excited about the changes for the new semester!

First off, I want to get more organized and be more direct in what I am teaching. I have a tendency to jump from one idea to another and I don't think the students can really keep up! My solution for my own problem gets the kids involved too. It is a new chart:



I already choose one Rock Star of the Day who gets a sticker and gets to sign my autograph board, but now I'm going to give them the extra task of completing the sentence "Today in music we learned...". Each grade will be able to write their own sentence that I can erase at the end of each day. Of course with kindergarten, I'll write the sentence, but they still have to tell me something that they learned.


My second new addition is a new bulletin board!


Every week I am going to have a new musician and instrument and each day I will put up a new fact about each one. I took the picture of the board set up for Thursday, so there are already 4 facts up. This week's musician is Elvis (his birthday is Jan. 8) and our instrument is the guitar (5th grade is learning chords). I hope to do a wide variety of musicians... maybe even some current artists! *gasp*

No comments:

Post a Comment