Saturday, September 3, 2011

Musician of the Day

I am a firm believer in rewards. At the end of every class, I put stamps on each student's hand. For the past two years, I've just had one color because I didn't want to spend too much money buying a whole bunch of ink pads, but this year I found this handy dandy primary colors inkpad at Michael's!
Luckily the one color I already had was purple, so my Roy G. Biv is complete!


At the end of each class I also choose a Musician of the Day. That student gets acknowledged by getting a sticker. I found the cutest little bucket at Wal*Mart for a dollar that is my official sticker bucket now.
Whoooo doesn't love owls in glasses?!

This year I've added something new. I got this idea from Miss Wirth over at Wendell Music. I have added an autograph board, so now my Musicians of the Day also get to become Rock Stars!
It is awesome how excited the kids get to just write their name on a piece of paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment