Saturday, September 3, 2011

Line Up Alphabetically According to Your Height

Transitioning from music class to quiet halls is hard. Especially for the little ones. Mrs. Cooley over at First Grader... At Last! came up with the idea to have line-up songs. At the end of class, my students will get in line and put a hand on their head and wait for a stamp. Then my line leader will get to pick a song off of the Line-Up Song Playlist posted on my door.

Then I will pull out my Line-Up Song Lyrics book which conveniently hangs right beside the door.


And we sing!

I stole a couple from Mrs. Cooley (side note: how awesome is her name?!), but then I made some up myself. Here are mine:

Put My Hands Down (Party in the U.S.A)
So I put my hands down
I'm standing in line
You know I'm gonna behave
Facing the front like yeah
Closing my lips like shh...

Hey Soul Students (Hey Soul Sister)
Hey soul students
Ain't it time to line-up
Go in to the hall
stand nice and tall
Don't make any sound at all

Today, Today (Tonight, Tonight)
La La La Come on
La La La Line up
La La La Let's go
La La La
We're gonna get in a line, today.
Hands down, eyes forward, going into the hall
Today, right now
Gonna walk like ninja's don't make a sound.

Nice and Quiet (Spongebob Theme Song)
How will we sound when I open the door?
 - Nice and quiet!
And how will we sound when we walk through the halls?
 - Nice and quiet!
Hands by our sides and facing the front.
 - Nice and quiet!
Music is over, so back to your class!
 - Nice and quiet! (4x)

I Say Hey (Arthur Theme Song)
And I say Hey (hey!)
Gonna go line up today
Gonna walk so quietly
Because it's time to go-o

Get In Line (If You're Happy and You Know It)
So it's time to leave music, get in line
Look forward and be quiet and you'll be fine
We're going into the hall, so stand up nice and tall
It's time to leave music, get in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment