Monday, August 20, 2012

First Week of School

August 13 was our first official day of school. I teach at two different schools. For the past 3 years I have split them up so that I went to one school on A weeks and the other on B weeks. This year, they decided that I should switch schools every day. So I'm at one school on Mondays, Wednesdays and every other Friday and the other school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is WAY more exhausting than I was expecting. However, it is nice to be able to see all of my students every week though. :)

This week we got to know the rules, the classroom and each other.

Here are some Kindergarteners coloring their School Shoes after hearing Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes. They loved the song! I think Pete may be my new best friend.

We played a game called "Remember Me?" where one person hid their eyes while another described themselves in a silly voice and the first student had to guess who was talking. I loved how the students turned my piano into their shield.


1st and 2nd Grades did a Music Room Scavenger Hunt. This was a great way for students to get comfortable in the space. I changed some things around, so even if students remembered where everything was last year they still had fun looking for new things.

Since my name changed from last year, one of the things on the Scavenger Hunt was to find my new name spelled out. They found it!


No comments:

Post a Comment