Friday, August 10, 2012

Let's Get It Started!

I got back to school and what did I see? A great big mess staring back at me!

Needless to say, I was a little overwhelmed. I had two days at each school to get everything ready. Thanks to Pinterest and music teachers from all over the place, I had a lot planned. And guess what? I got it all done! I'm very excited for this upcoming school year. And here are some of the reasons why...

Rockin Behavior Chart idea stolen from The Inspired Apple.
Welcome Bach! (I love puns)
Last year I had a bulletin board for Musician and Instrument of the Week where I put up a new fact every day. To start of this year, I thought I would put up those facts and see if they students could name the mystery instrument! I went easy on them for this first week of school.

Dynamics Vocal Chart

Autograph Wall as seen in my room last year. Originally from Wendell Elementary.

I finally added labels to my instruments! 

 Double Bar at the end of my line.
Treble Clef to show the start of my line. Yay for reinforcing vocabulary and recognition!
 View when you walk in the door at school #1.
 Rules, Rewards, Consequences and Rockin Behavior at the front of the room.
View when you walk into the room at school #2.

Found a Converse Key Chain to match my shoes! I also bought Pete the Cat (who also likes to wear Converse). I can't wait to read the story to my students and have them color their own school shoes!

Now to wait until Monday.... :)




2 comments:

  1. This looks soooo good! No wonder the kids love you & you get all those huggs! ~ I've share many of the ideas w/ other teachers that I know & they were very impressed. Don't know if any will actually do them though, I got a lot of reactions like "that sounds so hard" or "to much trouble".....oh me, I know some teachers are overwored but gheez! Let's punish the kids, sorry, didn't mean to get off on that!

    Anyway, do love the room! Keep it up!

    {{huggs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the crafty parts are fun, so they don't seem like work to me. :) Hopefully I will keep up the creativeness once the kids come back! Don't want to let "the man" take away the fun parts of teaching.

      Delete