Monday, May 28, 2012

So Long, Farewell...

Another school year is over. I cannot believe how quickly time flies! Packing up is always a little sad for me. I try to take everything completely down so that I will have a clean slate at the beginning of next year and will be encouraged to try new things.

One new thing I tried this year that was a success was the
Musician of the Day Rock Star Autograph board. 
I had this up all year, and as you can see, I had to add more paper! The kids loved finding their names or getting to figure out a way to make their name stand out.

I rewarded students who had gotten straight As for me in music with the best behavior box again. Here are two girls showing off their "stinky feet" and a boy who chose "pet shop" and got to sit with my big stuffed Baghera for a whole class period!

I has put up the "We <3 Music" board way back in February. I like to think of it more as creativity rather than laziness that I came up with the idea to have students add Post-It notes with why they love music. Some notes include: Singing, Dancing, Drums and Games.

Here is my room at one of my schools.... 
See you again in August!


No comments:

Post a Comment