Monday, May 28, 2012

Line Up: UPDATE!

At the beginning of the year, I decided to try something new. Line-up Songs! It was such a big hit, that I decided it needed a little bit of an update. Let me introduce my line up song iPod...

I eventually added a play and pause button too and the kids make sure I always hit stop when we're done singing. 

I also added a stop light by the door as a reminder for the little ones. All I have to do is say "red light" and they all face forward to look at the stop light. I'm thinking I might have to splurge and try to get a real one instead of a poster that I drew. :)

I just found a new idea from Mrs. Dennis about putting a treble clef where the line leader should stand. This not only reinforces music vocabulary, but it also helps students make the connection that a treble clef is the beginning of a line. Genius! I can't wait to try this idea next year.


4 comments: