Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween

I wanted to share some of my favorite Halloween songs.

For "Skin and Bones" we would learn to sing the song and then add A-G-F-D with either Boomwhackers or Handbells during the "ohhhs"

"Witches' Brew by Hap Palmer" is a big time hit with my Pre-K and Kindergarteners! My 1st graders love it too just because it brings back memories. (We discuss using a high pitch voice for the "Ooo" and lower pitch for "Boo!")

I was in Little Shop of Horrors when I was in high school, so I got so excited when I saw this song was in my 4th grade textbook! I get my older students singing and moving for a fun halloween-ish song and it also opens the door to discuss styles of music (doo-wop and Broadway).


For some reason it won't let me add this video, but you can hear the song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x-DdFg2SKE
"Hey Jack!" from Music K-8 Vol. 22 No. 1 is my all time most requested Halloween songs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment