Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Planning Binder 2014-2015

I am forever trying to organize myself. This year I have kept my planning binder pretty much how I had it last year and the year before that. However, this year I have changed how I write my lesson plans. I learned a long time ago that music isn't actually a subject and no one really cares what I'm teaching in my room unless I am due for a formal observation. Then I have my objectives and anticipatory set all ready to go and nice and neat. Otherwise, I just use post-its! I totally stole this idea from The Wise and Witty Teacher. It's just a one subject notebook and sticky notes. I can easily make changes, I only write down enough so that I know what I'm doing and it is helping me tie lessons together instead of instantly forgetting what we covered last week. One page is PK/K, 1st and 2nd divided into 4 weeks to cover a whole month, then on the next pair of pages I do the same thing for 3rd, 4th and 5th. After that I have a "To Do" page where I can make note of what materials I need and what I need to do (copies, order, organize, make, laminate, whatever). I am loving it! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment